Here are some enhancement options for your consideration:
- Temporary and permanent wheelchair ramps
- Door threshold ramps
- Loading ramps
- Wheelchair lifts
- Barrier-free showers
- Customized roll-in tile showers
- Therapy tubs
- Hand-held showers
- Shower seats and benches
- Roll-under sinks
- Raised toilets and automated bidets
- Grab bars
- Tilt mirrors
- Non-slip tile and flooring
- Transition areas
- Adjusted counter and cabinet heights
- Custom cabinetry
- Pull-down shelves
- ADA knobs
- Roll-under sinks and workspaces
- Touchless faucets
- Under cabinet lighting
- Exterior door transitions
- Fire egresses
- Access to mailbox, flag poles, hose bibbs, ect
- Decks, patios and seating areas
- Rain/snow shelters
- Low maintenance exteriors
Whole House Solutions
- Sliding/casement windows
- Wider hallways
- 36” doors with low thresholds
- Lever style door knobs
- Automatic door openers
- Outswing doors (where applicable)
- Durable, non-slip flooring
- Smooth transitions from all rooms
- Prosthetic charging area
- Rocker style light switches
- Adjustable closet rods and shelves
- Large garage doors
- Ceiling lifts
- Access to all major components: HVAC systems, utility shut-offs, electrical panel, ect.
- Additions and large scale renovations
Is your home accessible?
1. Does anyone have trouble getting into your house and navigating around it?
2. Can you easily operate all of your doors and windows?
3. Are there any transitions in your home that are greater than half an inch?
4. Can you comfortably get into your shower/tub and utilize it safely?
5. Are there grab bars and proper transition areas around your toilet and throughout the bathroom?
6. Do you have full use of sinks, faucets, mirrors and accessories?
7. Is any of your flooring a slip hazard, especially when wet?
8. Do you have full access to all of your kitchen cabinets, countertops and appliances?
9. Can you freely get around your yard, driveway and garage and safely access everything you need to?
10. Are there any modifications that could be made to your home that would make it safer and more livable, thus allowing you to stay in it longer?